Available at GM Binder.
Eschewing convention and instead delving into lost and forbidden lore, savants that follow Occultism believe no risk should ever turn them away from reward. These savants value secretive knowledge and unraveling the mysteries of the multiverse.
|2nd||Occult Studies, Mysteries Untold|
2nd-level Occultist feature
Through delving into lost and forbidden knowledge in search of the mysteries of the multiverse, you have gained access to rare knowledge. You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to Arcana, History, Nature, and Religion checks you make that don’t already include your proficiency bonus.
Your Psi Blast feature gains a range of 60 feet, but you make a ranged power attack instead of a melee power attack against a target outside of your reach. If the target is charmed, frightened, paralyzed, or unsettled, your psi blast deals an additional 1d6 psychic damage to it. At 10th level, this bonus damage increases to 2d6.
2nd-level Occultist feature
Through forbidden teachings, you gain proficiency in one Intelligence skill of your choice and have expertise in it, adding twice your proficiency bonus to ability checks you make with it. When you reach 6th level, you gain proficiency in a second Intelligence skill of your choice and have expertise in it.
In addition, research you conduct takes you half the time it normally would.
6th-level Occultist feature
When you successfully use a savant power on a target, you can use your reaction to glean one piece of information it knows or has experienced in its lifetime. A creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or you uncover a parcel of information from it. You choose the topic, but the DM will decide what information is revealed.
In addition, you can attune to any magical item that a cleric or wizard can attune. You use your power attack modifier and power save DC if the item uses the spellcaster’s statistics.
10th-level Occultist feature
So profound is your belief in your understanding that you transform failure into success. Whenever you fail an ability check or saving throw, you can choose to succeed instead. If you use this feature to succeed against an insanity or madness effect, you can use it again.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
18th-level Occultist feature
After finishing a long rest, you can touch one object and imbue it with psionic power as if it were a psicrystal, creating a reliquary. This object gains a power point reserve equal to your level in this class. Power points possessed by a reliquary don’t count against the power points you can imbue with your Psicrystal feature. You can infuse the reliquary with any three psionic powers from the savant powers list.
As long as the reliquary is within 60 feet of you, you can reduce its maximum power point reserve by 4 to grant the object a +1 bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls or a +1 bonus to AC. Alternately, you can also imbue the reliquary to grant a creature holding or wearing it one of the following benefits:
- Difficult terrain doesn’t cost you extra movement and your movement speed increases by 10 feet.
- If you miss with an attack roll, you can take a reaction to reroll it.
- You can breathe air and water.
- You can call the reliquary to your hands or space as a bonus action from any distance as long as it is on the same plane of existence.
- You can manifest a psionic power imbued within the reliquary as if you are a savant of the same level.
- You can never be surprised and have advantage on initiative rolls.
- You can read and understand any language.
- You can walk on liquid surfaces as if they are solid.
- You gain a +1 bonus on spell and power attack rolls and save DCs.
- You gain a climb speed and a swim speed equal to your movement speed and can’t be made wet.
- You gain blindsight to a distance of 30 feet.
- You gain telepathy to a distance of 60 feet.
- Your mind read can’t be read unless you allow it, nor can you be detected by divination magic or clairsentience powers.
After finishing a long rest, you can remove this effect and restore the reliquary’s maximum power point reserve or replace it with a different effect.
You can choose to apply one additional effect for every 4 power points you reduce the reliquary’s maximum reserve. These bonuses stack with existing enchantments the object already has if it is a magical or psionic item. A reliquary counts as both a magical and psionic item. You can only create one reliquary at a time; if you chose to create a second reliquary, the previous one loses all benefits from this feature.