Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Gesture, Visual (glow)
You create bands of telekinetic force that grasp a creature or object that you can see within range. Make a grapple check using your power attack modifier instead of Strength (Athletics) when you target a creature. On a success, the target is grappled until it escapes the grapple or the power ends. While the power is in effect, you can repeat this action against the same target should it escape the grapple. If the target teleports, becomes incorporeal, or moves to another plane of existence, the power ends for it.
When you grapple an object, any attempt to move that object requires a Strength check against your power save DC. The object is considered latched to a surface.
A grappled creature is held in place and considered latched to a surface. It doesn’t fall as a result of the power.
1. A grappled creature has each of its melee weapon damage rolls reduced by 1d4 to a minimum of 1 point of damage.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, to a maximum of 8, the target’s damage is reduced by an additional 1d4.
2. The power’s range increases to 300 feet.
2. You can target one additional creature or object, provided each target is within 30 feet of each other when you target them. You can take this augmentation multiple times.
3. You can use your action to attempt to push a grappled creature, using your power attack modifier instead of your Strength (Athletics) for the check. In addition, a grappled creature can’t benefit from hover, and at the end of each of your turns, you can make it fall.
Empower. When you spend 6 power points (9), you can use your reaction when a grappled creature makes an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw that uses Strength or Dexterity. It must succeed on a Strength saving throw or become stunned until the start of your next turn. As part of this reaction, you can also shove the target on a failed save.
5. A grappled creature is restrained.
Empower. When you spend 10 power points (15), you can choke a grappled creature. The target falls to 0 hit points after a number of rounds equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 round) as defined under the suffocation rules (chapter 8 in the Player’s Handbook). If the target is reduced to 0 hit points, you can use your reaction to outright kill it.