Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Gesture
You create psychic noise that disrupts or impairs psionic powers and effects. A creature must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or be affected by the power. Unless the power is manifested as a sphere, at the end of each of its turns, a target makes a new Charisma saving throw, ending the power for it on a success.
If a spell or effect has the psionic tag, it is treated as a power for the purpose of this power. Adjust the appropriate game statistic in these cases.
You target one creature that you can see within range. On a failed save, its power save DC and power attack modifier are reduced by 2. The power ends early after the target has manifested a power.
0. When you augment the power with at least 1 power point, it doesn’t end early if the target manifests a power.
1. The target has disadvantage on Constitution saving throws to maintain concentration on psionic powers.
Empower. When you spend 6 power points (7), the target can’t maintain psionic powers or psychic features.
2. The amount you reduce a target’s power attack modifier and power save DC increases by 1. You can take this augmentation up to three times (6).
2. You can target one additional creature or increase the radius of a sphere by 5 feet. You can take this augmentation up to four times (8).
3. After the target manifests a power, a feedback loop is created within its mind. As long as the power is in effect, it can’t take reactions.
4. You create a 10-foot radius sphere centered at a point within range instead of targeting a creature. Each creature that is within the sphere suffers the effects of the power. If a creature leaves the sphere, it is no longer affected by the power.
Empower. When you spend 7 power points (11), you create a psionic suppression field. Psionic powers, psychic effects, and spells and similar effects with the psionic tag can’t be manifested inside the sphere and such effects are suppressed within the sphere and can’t protrude into it. Spiritfonts are also suppressed within the field and are treated as being dormant while the power is in effect.
Spheres created by the power don’t suppress each other.
5. While the power is in effect, each time the target attempts to use a psionic power, psychic feature, or spell or other effect with the psionic tag, it must succeed on a DC 13 ability check using its manifesting or spellcasting ability as appropriate. On a failed check, the power, spell, or effect fails and has no effect, consuming any resource spent on it.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the DC of the ability check increases by 1.
5. When you first manifest the power, you can attempt to disrupt a psionic power or psychic effect on the target. You must make an ability check using your manifesting ability. The DC equals 10 + half the power points used to augment the power, 10 + the spell’s level, or 10 + the CR of the creature. On a successful check, the effect ends along with this power. You can use your action to repeat the check as long as the power is in effect.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, you gain a +1 bonus on the check.
9. The target has the psychic strained condition while the power is in effect.