Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 hour
You mentally bend a creature’s will to your own. You can target one creature you can see within range. It must share a common language with you and can’t be hostile toward you. It must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall under the effects of the power. If the creature succeeds on its save, it is immune to any further attempt you make to dominate it through the power until it finishes a short or long rest.
After the power ends, the creature is aware that it acted against its own volition and becomes hostile toward you.
On a failed save, the target is compelled to treat you favorably. You have advantage on all Charisma checks directed at it.
0. When you augment the power with at least 1 power point, you can target a hostile creature.
1. You charm the creature as long as the power is in effect, provided you and your companions cause it no harm once you charm it. The creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance.
2. The target no longer becomes hostile after the power ends and justifies the favor it gave you in its mind.
2. You can target a creature without sharing a common language.
3. You compel the creature to take a simple action in alignment to its nature that won’t cause it harm, such as to cease attacking or leave an area. On a failed save, the creature is charmed by you and will attempt to complete the action to the best of its ability while the power is in effect, and once it has completed the action, the power ends for it.
Empower. When you spend 2 power points (5), you compel the target to take a connected series of actions, such as going to a building to retrieve documents and bring them to you. If you spend 4 more power points (9), you can compel the target to act in a way against its nature or to take an action that can cause it harm. It makes a new Wisdom saving throw when compelled to take an action that can harm it.
7. The creature becomes charmed by you. When you manifest the power and as an action while it is in effect, you can control the charmed creature. You are aware of all abilities the creature is aware it possesses. You can make it use any action or ability it is capable and it will perform them on its next turn.
Whenever the creature takes damage, it makes a new Wisdom saving throw, ending the power on a success.
Empower. When you spend 6 power points (13), you can mentally direct the creature to perform simple or general courses of action, such as “Attack that creature,” “Run over there,” or “Fetch that object” without using your action. The creature will complete the objective to the best of its ability. If the creature completes the objective and receives no further order from you, it will wait and defend itself to the best of its ability.
11. You instill a psychological compulsion in the target, which takes one of these effects:
- The creature develops a strong attraction to one object, place, or creature you choose. It will seek to possess the specified target through any means at its disposal.
- The creature develops a strong aversion to one object, place, or creature you choose. It will avoid the specified target and refuse to be within 120 feet of it.
- The creature develops a strong hatred toward one object, place, or creature you choose. It will try to destroy the specified target if it has the means or will seek the means to do so.
Every 10 minutes, the target makes a new Wisdom saving throw, ending the power on a success.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (15), the psychological compulsion becomes a permanent insanity if the creature fails three saving throws while the power is in effect.
13. You swap minds with the target, which must be the same type as you. Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the creature, though you retain your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You retain the benefit of your own class features. If the creature is unconscious, you awaken within its body. The target uses your game statistics in the same way. If the target has any class levels, you can’t use any of its class features.
When you manifest the power, you can render your body unconscious while the power is in effect, preventing the target from using your body. When the power ends or you are more than 10 miles from your body, you and the target automatically return to your own bodies.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (17), you permanently swap minds with the creature. In this case, once you cease maintaining the power the creature will be fully in control of your body, waking up immediately. Only a wish spell or Psychic Chirurgery can restore the creature’s mind to its body, forcing you back to yours, provided the target is still alive. You can manifest the power again with this empowered augmentation to swap back to your body. In this case, the creature automatically fails its save.