Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Detection: Psychic, Gesture, Visual (beam)
A spear of psychic energy arcs toward a creature in range. You make a ranged power attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 psychic damage.
The target gains no benefit from cover against the power, and you can target creatures you can’t see provided you know where they are.
0. Psychic spear damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).
1. The psychic spear’s damage increases by 2d8.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the damage increases by 1d8.
2. You create one additional psychic spear which must target a different creature, each of which deals 1d6 psychic damage on a hit. When you increase the psychic spear’s damage, it increases by 1d6 instead of 1d8.
For every 4 additional power points you spend to augment the power, you can create one additional psychic spear.
5. Psychic spears bursts on impact. The target and each creature within 10 feet of it must make an Intelligence saving throw. A creature takes 4d6 psychic damage on a failed save or half as much damage on a successful one.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the damage of the burst increases by 1d6. A creature only takes damage from the bursts once in a turn.
7. A creature hit by a spear must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or lose concentration. If the creature succeeds on this saving throw, it still must make a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration from damage as normal.