Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Gesture, Visual (beam)
You create a field of force that dampens and impedes movement within it. An incorporeal creature isn’t affected by the power.
One Medium or smaller object or willing creature that you can see within range is surrounded by impeding force. It must spend 2 feet of movement for every foot moved, and weapon attack rolls have advantage against the target. Moreover, the target can only be moved half of the distance it normally could. For instance, if a target is pushed 10 feet, it only moves 5 feet. The target has resistance to bludgeoning damage taken as a result of falling or from telekinetic effects and is never knocked prone from them.
1. You can target an unwilling creature. It must succeed on a Strength saving throw or become impeded. In addition, an impeded creature can’t take reactions that allow it to move or make opportunity attacks. As an action, the target can repeat the Strength saving throw, ending the power for it on a success.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (5), the target has disadvantage on attack rolls with melee weapons, Strength and Dexterity checks, and Dexterity saving throws.
2. The impeding force affects each creature and object within the target’s space. An unwilling creature must make a Strength saving throw. On a success, it moves to the nearest unoccupied space it chooses within 5 feet of the target.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (6), the size of this field increases to up to a 10-foot radius around the target or you can target a Large or Huge creature or object. Within the expanded space, ranged weapon attacks that originate from within, pass through, or target a creature inside the sphere automatically miss.
3. The impeding force no longer grants advantage to weapon attack rolls made against the target.
Empower. When you spend 2 power points (5), the target no longer needs to spend extra movement due to the power.
4. You further dampen movement for impeded targets. A creature must spend 4 feet of movement per foot moved, and the distance it can be moved is reduced to one fourth. An impeded target takes no damage from falling, even if it was only impeded in the final 5 feet of the fall, and has resistance to bludgeoning and slashing damage.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (8), movement is dampened to a significant degree. Whenever an impeded target attempts to move, it must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be unable to move for the remainder of the turn.
7. You create a 10-foot radius sphere of invisible force that dampens inertia at a point in space within range instead of targeting a creature. Each creature and object within the sphere is impeded by the power.
A creature can’t take reactions that allow it to move or make opportunity attacks, and has disadvantage on attack rolls with melee weapons, Strength and Dexterity checks, and Dexterity saving throws. Ranged weapon attacks that originate from within, pass through, or target a creature inside the sphere automatically miss.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the radius of the sphere increases by 5 feet.