Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Visual (overt)
You create a pool of encroaching darkness that is as palpable as it is dark. You create a cloud which occupies a 5-foot radius sphere that is heavily obscured.
0. When you augment the power with at least 1 power point, the radius of the sphere increases by up to 10 feet.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the radius of the cloud increases by 5 feet.
1. The cloud becomes magical darkness.
2. A creature must spend 2 feet of movement per foot moved within the cloud.
3. The cloud latches onto creatures within it. For every 5 feet a creature moves within the cloud, the cloud will cling to it for 5 feet outside of the cloud, expanding the cloud’s area for as long as the power is in effect.
5. When a creature enters the cloud the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Constitution saving throw. The creature takes 4d6 cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Empower. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the cold damage increases by 1d6.
7. You moor the cloud to a creature. As long as the power is in effect, the area of the cloud remains centered on a creature you choose, moving with it. An unwilling creature must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a successful save, the cloud remains centered in the space the creature occupied when you first manifest the power.
9. It becomes difficult to breathe within the cloud. Whenever a creature starts its turn within the cloud it becomes unsettled. An unsettled creature that is concentrating on an effect must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or lose concentration. In addition, when a creature within the cloud regains hit points, it only regains half as many hit points.