Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 150 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Gesture, Visual (overt)
You draw ectoplasm from the Astral Plane which remains until the start of your next turn when the power is no longer in effect.
You create ectoplasm in a 10-foot square space that you can see within range. The ectoplasm has a gooey consistency that makes the surface difficult terrain.
0. The power creates one additional 10-foot square of ectoplasm when you reach 5th level (two squares), 11th level (three squares), and 17th level (four squares). The squares must be contiguous.
1. The ectoplasm is especially sticky. When a creature enters the ectoplasm’s space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must succeed on a Strength saving throw or become stuck to the ectoplasm and unable to move until the start of its next turn.
Empower. When you spend 2 power points (3), a creature stuck to the ectoplasm is also restrained by it.
2. You create one additional 10-foot square, which must be contiguous with another square. You can take this augmentation multiple times.
2. When you first manifest the power, and as an action as long as it is in effect, you can cause the ectoplasm to attack a target within 10 feet of it with grasping tendrils. You make a melee power attack. On a hit, the target is grappled. At the end of each of your turns, a grappled target is pulled 5 feet toward the ectoplasm’s space.
A creature can use its action to make a Strength saving throw against your power save DC. On a successful save or once the target is pulled into the ectoplasm’s space, the target is freed of the tendrils and no longer grappled.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (6), the reach of the tendrils increases to 20 feet.
4. The ectoplasm’s area is comprised of 10-foot cubes instead of squares. Each cube must be contiguous and rest on a surface or another cube of ectoplasm. A creature fully within the ectoplasm has disadvantage on its saving throws against the power. In addition, you can move the mass up to 10 feet as a bonus action.
5. The ectoplasm sickens creatures which come into contact with it. When a creature enters the ectoplasm’s area for the first time on a turn, starts its turn there, or is hit by its tendrils, it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or become poisoned until the start of its next turn.
9. The ectoplasm becomes acidic. When a creature enters the ectoplasm’s area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 2d8 acid damage and an additional 1d8 acid damage per 5 feet traveled through the area. On a successful save, the creature takes half of the damage and doesn’t take any additional acid damage when moving through the ectoplasm this turn.
In addition, a creature grappled by the ectoplasm’s tendrils takes 2d8 acid damage at the start of each of its turns as long as it is grappled.
Empower. When you spend 2 power points (11), a creature which came into contact with the ectoplasm is coated in acid. At the start of each of its turns as long as the power is in effect or until the creature is no longer coated in the acid, it takes 1d8 acid damage. A creature can use its action to scrape the acid away, removing the coating.