Manifesting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Detection: Psychic, Gesture
You modify the memories of a creature you can see within range. These alterations are generally temporary, but can become permanent through augmentation. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw, and if you are fighting the creature, it has advantage on the saving throw. If the save is successful, the power fails and can’t be maintained, otherwise the creature is charmed by you while the power is maintained.
A modified memory doesn’t necessarily affect how a creature behaves, particularly if the memory contradicts the creature’s natural inclinations, alignment, or beliefs. An illogical altered memory is dismissed, perhaps as a bad dream. The DM will decide how the power affects the creature’s behavior.
A remove curse or greater restoration spell cast on the target ends the power.
You can suppress the target’s memory of a single recent event, such as your presence or a task it was given, provided the event lasted no longer than 1 minute. If the creature fails its saving throw, it can’t recall the event as long as the power is in effect. The event can have occurred no longer than 10 minutes prior to manifesting the power.
0. When you augment the power with at least 5 power points, the altered memories persist for 1 hour after you stop maintaining the power for every round you maintained it. When you augment it with at least 13 power points, the altered memories are permanent; only Psychic Chirurgery or the greater restoration spell can restore the lost memories.
1. A creature which fails its saving throw has no recollection of being targeted by the power.
2. You can affect longer blocks of memory and more distant memories. You can affect memories up to 1 hour ago and up to 2 minute long.
Empower. If you spend 2 power points (4), you affect memories up to 24 hours ago and up to 10 minutes long. If you spend 6 power points (8) you affect memories up to 1 year old and 1 hour long. If you spend 10 power points (12) you affect up to 24 hours of memories from any time.
2. You can target one additional creature within range. You can take this augmentation up to four times (8).
3. You can suppress the memory of a single tool, skill, or weapon proficiency of a creature. A natural weapon is a valid proficiency for the purpose of the power. An affected creature can’t add its proficiency bonus to die rolls of the suppressed proficiency while the power is in effect.
A forgotten proficiency can be swiftly relearned at no mechanical cost.
4. You can replace the memory of a creature or insert a new memory into it instead of suppressing it. You can’t replace or insert a proficiency or language.
11. Mental tendrils wrap around a creature’s mind when you manifest the power and remove the block of its memory from the last minute. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is incapacitated while the power is in effect and while incapacitated, every passing moment is stripped from its memory forever. If the creature takes any damage or is targeted by another power or spell, the power ends.
Empower. When you spend 6 power points (17), if you maintain the power for one full minute, you can strip away each memory of the creature you choose and leave it an amnesiac.