Manifesting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you take damage, encounter a hostile environment, or are afflicted with a condition
Maintenance: Concentration, up to 1 minute
When confronted with conditions outside the norm, your body adapts to these conditions. When you encounter hot or cold climates, you can use your reaction to manifest the power. While the power is in effect, you don’t suffer the effects of extreme temperatures (though you still take cold or fire damage).
The effects of the power last until the end of your next turn unless you choose to maintain the power.
1. When one of your senses is impaired, such as through the blinded or deafened condition, you gain the ability to perceive the world using one of your other senses. Through this function, you can counteract blindness or deafness by changing how you perceive the sensory stimulus, such as by feeling light or seeing sound.
When you manifest the power, you select one sense (sight, hearing, taste, smell, or touch) and one additional way you can perceive it that would normally fall under one of the five senses. For instance you could choose to see taste to determine the contents of a vial, or you could feel sight and be able to see normally without opening your eyes.
Illusion and phantom effects will still confuse your synesthete senses as they would your normal senses.
Empower. When you take no other augmentation, except to increase the maintenance, the manifesting time becomes one bonus action.
2. The power’s maintenance increases to 10 minutes.
Empower. When you spend 2 power points (4), the power’s maintenance increases to 1 hour, and if you spend 4 more power points (8), it increases to 24 hours.
3. When you take damage, you can take a reaction to gain damage resistance against that damage type as long as the power is in effect or until you use your reaction to gain resistance to a different damage type. While the power is in effect, you can reactivate it using your reaction.
Empower. When you spend 8 power points (11), if you end your turn and have resistance to a damage type from the power, you gain immunity to that damage type as long as the power is in effect or until you use your reaction to gain resistance to a different damage type.
7. When you are within a hostile environment such as underwater or the vacuum of space, your body adapts to survive that environment. You don’t need to state which adaptations you take on, it happens automatically. You can breathe anywhere and can’t suffocate. You are also immune to the poisoned condition. Environmental hazards such as lava and acidic clouds only deal half damage, but spells, powers, and other effects deal normal damage.
Empower. When you take no other augmentation, except to increase the maintenance, the power’s maintenance becomes a duration equal to its maintenance, requiring no concentration.
9. Your body gains extreme resilience to impairment. When you are afflicted by the blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned condition, you can use your reaction to become immune to that condition while the power is in effect.
Empower. When you spend 4 power points (13), you become immune to any number of the listed conditions while the power is in effect by. The immunity happens automatically when you are afflicted by one of the conditions, you don’t need to repeat the reaction.